Sunday, August 3, 2008

My first Gig!

I'm partnering up with a business networking group for their annual banquet. They've decided to offer me a half hour block to showcase my comedy. Since I dont have 30 minutes of (good) material, I've invited a group of comics that Ive worked with. They've offered me stage time when they had shows, so I felt obligated to reciprocate. This business group is offering to take pretty good care of us. Dinner and drinks will be taken care of for all of us and they'll have a table for us to put out merchandise and are allowing us to pass out flyers and cards. To top it all off, they're paying me! I guess this is pretty standard stuff, but usually no one wants to pay us, and we have to beg for food. What we're really looking to get out of this is more work. This sounds like an incredible opportunity to showcase to 150 different local business owners. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: